Ancient Legendary Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» i need to say something
What is 'real'? EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:42 pm by The Joker

» we need to fix this
What is 'real'? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 1:13 am by Annastasia

» idle since feb 21
What is 'real'? EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:04 pm by Annastasia

» amost there
What is 'real'? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:28 pm by bpowell1216

» good bye and welcome to a new era
What is 'real'? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:08 pm by bpowell1216

» soon to be farewelled
What is 'real'? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:05 pm by bpowell1216

» happy 2014 :D
What is 'real'? EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 11:37 am by bpowell1216

» who has a heart?
What is 'real'? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:30 pm by bpowell1216

» Point Blank
What is 'real'? EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 pm by bpowell1216

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 72 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:46 pm

What is 'real'?

2 posters

Go down

What is 'real'? Empty What is 'real'?

Post by Ansem The Shade Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Simple musings on reality, based upon reality and it's misgivings. My most basic beliefs are that reality is how the masses, or majority of the people, perceive information and interpret it. The basics of everything are the most simple, however, and, as I've grown, I've also grown to understand how the way we, as people and as persons, perceive our environment. We change, adapt, and this constant friction causes us to become callous, and uncaring, even indifferent to the suffering of others. We also learn how to lock up our hearts, and put up a mask so that none can see what is within, and that, for the most part, is a fragile, broken shell of what we were before we began to grow up and learn that the world is pain, life is suffering, and that nothing is fair, simply that everything is how it is, and we can't change it. This is a fact of life that we simply accept. People die, brothers cry, and the suffering that ensues is sure to beget hatred. Hatred chains the world, and the cycle starts anew. Someone dies, someone cries, and then they grow to hate the world, themselves, their brothers and sisters, and everything around them. It is true, yes, that hatred is a very strong emotion. That said, I've found recently that NOTHING, and I mean Nothing is stronger than love. Be it fairness, faith, hatred, depression, even your most inner demons, love conquers all. This is both from feeling this wonderful emotion, and seeing it first hand. Upon this topic, I now have one belief that encompasses all of this reasoning I have laid at your feet, and that is quite simple: Reality is what we perceive, that is true, but reality is also love, hate, pain, sorrow, and any other emotion, because without pain, you will never know relief, without sorrow; joy, without hate; love. It is for this reason that I find emotion, no matter what emotion, is worth having, so that you can truly perceive reality and truly enjoy love. As I said, simple musings of a mad man gone wise, and nothing more. I hope that at least one person here takes something out of this. Good day.

Ansem The Shade

Back to top Go down

What is 'real'? Empty Re: What is 'real'?

Post by Riddle Prince Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Not bad.
Riddle Prince
Riddle Prince

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum